Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Story to Share

I witnessed something so moving yesterday ... I just wanted to share it with you.

We were at Costco and eating a healthy pizza/hotdog dinner in the foodcourt after shopping ... I saw a woman sitting nearby with two children. I was just noticing what a great mom she was to each of them individually ... hugging a little girl who seemed to be around 2 years old and telling knockknock jokes to her son who was maybe four or so. Then I noticed the little girl had a really horrible birth mark on the entire lower portion of her face. That registered a little but overall, I was just enjoying their happy family scene, thinking about what a good mom she was.

THEN. When it was time for them to leave, she hobbled over to a motorized wheelchair and sat down! She called her two children and they happily tumbled on it with her, one in a basket in the front, the other on her lap ... and they scooted off.

I teared up and jabbed my husband to turn around so he could see. "THAT is a strong woman!" I remarked. My heart was so moved by what I'd just seen ... I had an urge to run after her to see if I could help her get to her car or whatever. I settled for a quick prayer to God that he would see over her and her two and bless her efforts 20 times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment